Job Opportunities Posted for one month
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent reports directly to the golf course superintendent. Under the superintendent's supervision, the assistant superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, cart paths, etc. The assistant superintendent may serve in the superintendent's capacity during his/her absence.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Under the direction of the Superintendent, assists in overseeing the maintenance of specified golf courses and their adjacent areas.
2. Inspects assigned golf course(s) on daily basis; monitors the condition and maturity of all areas.
3. Delegates daily responsibilities to second assistant and greenskeepers; expedites daily workflow ensuring efficiency of operations.
4. Assists in maintaining inventory; advises Superintendent of any equipment and/or supplies that may be needed to ensure the proper maintenance of the course.
5. Supervises staff; conducts performance appraisals and ensures performance standards are achieved by staff; participates in and/or makes recommendations related to employment actions such as hiring/firing, promotion and disciplinary procedures.
6. Makes recommendations to Superintendent related to staffing levels needed to meet business demand.
7. Assists in the development of departmental budgets.
8. Reviews payroll reports for accurate work hour totals.
9. Instructs staff in proper equipment use and work methods to ensure safety standards are met.
10. Keeps accurate records on maintenance procedures, pesticide applications, labor hours, etc.
11. Assists with snow removal during off-season.
12. Conducts performance appraisals of direct reports and ensures performance standards are achieved by staff; participates in and/or makes recommendations related to employment actions such as hiring/firing, promotion and disciplinary procedures.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Associate’s Degree in Turf Management or Turf Certificate in related field.
2. 1-2 years experience in an assistant superintendent or second assistant capacity.
3. Working knowledge of golf course construction principles, practices and methods.
4. Thorough understanding of the rules and strategies of the game of golf.
5. Experience in supervising and training golf course staff.
6. Knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the management of golf course operations.
7. Excellent leadership, interpersonal and administrative skills.
8. Must be available to maintain flexible schedule.
9. Must possess or be able to obtain a state pesticide license within three months of hire date.
10. Valid New York State driver’s license (or ability to obtain one upon establishing residency).
1. Repetitive motion of hands, wrists and fingers for constant pushing, pulling, fingering and grasping in the use of tools and equipment.
2. Must be able to frequently bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach.
3. Must have close visual acuity in order to inspect, operate and repair equipment.
4. Must be able to work outdoors under conditions ranging from extreme hot to extreme cold.
5. Subject to noise and electrical, mechanical, chemical and explosive hazards.
7. Ability to occasionally lift up to 75 lbs and frequently up to 50 lbs using proper lifting techniques.
For more information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.turningstone.com/jobs.
Golf Course Superintendent
Rothland Golf Course,
Position:Golf Course Superintendent. Reports directly to the Ownership Group.
Other Information:Recently purchased by a New Ownership Group. In a North East Suburb of Buffalo. Seasonal Golf Course and Restaurant.
Annual Rounds:19,000 Number of Holes: 27
Course Yardage:~6,800 (depends on combination) Irrigation System: Greens & Tees.
Valve in Head
Manual Gate Valves
Greens– Bent & Poa
Fairway & Tees– Bluegrass
GSCAA Member:Desired but not required
NYS DEC Pesticide License:Must possess or acquire within first year of employment.
Education:Two or Four Year Degree helpful. In the absence of a degree, a minimum 3 years of experience as an Assistant Superintendent or Head Superintendent required.
Experience:Candidate must possess a working knowledge of golf course maintenance practices and methods, as well as experience in operating (and teaching safe operation) all golf course equipment. This is a working superintendent position.
Skill Set Necessary:Candidate should possess a strong work ethic and a good attitude. Excellent communication and leadership skills with an eye for detail. Be self-motivated and organized with the willingness to perform all tasks necessary to get the work completed (e.g., mowing, watering, sharpening, etc.) Weekly hours and duties are dictated by the growing season.
Duties:Golf Course Maintenance (all phases); Equipment Maintenance: Fertilizer/Pesticide application; Manage Staff; Document work and maintain DEC records; Golf Course Budget.
Compensation:$30,000 to $45,000 dependent upon experience and annual employment.
Benefits:Single Basic Health; Dues paid for local chapter GCSA membership; Annual Vacation; Golfing privileges; Meal discounts.
Send resume and cover letter to: Pillar Real Estate
336 Harris Hill Road
Williamsville, NY 14221
Phone calls are not appropriate at this time.
Position Available:Immediately until filled.
Brook-Lea Country Club has openings for an Assistant Superintendent and Head Mechanic. For more information please contact Mark Michaud. (631) 926-3401 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org